Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lengthy Awesomeness

Hello world,

So, it's been a while, and for that I appologise. We had a busy week. We had a execise called the Instructor Shoot. A Director was brought in and our whole class cycled through the other departments for short script shoot. It was so cool. I found I was pretty good at a lot of stuff but I hated script supervisor and continuity. Basically I loved everything else. 1st, 2nd AssistanCamera, Assistant Director, Grip Gaffer.. even sound and art... I love this school!

Elsewhere in film land, I helped in a live music shoot with some of the TA's from school at the Plaza Club, although you can't tell anyone.. it's kind of on the hush hush.... but it was awesome! I was a gopher type, setting up tripods, carrying cables and whatnot. The footage that we shot might be used in a music video for Much Music. How cool is that! The bands playing were the Golden Dogs and Jets Overhead. We did the filming on the second band. Then we all went out to hang, it was a great time.

Even more elsewhere in film land...... We started our minidramas today, along with some quasi acting classes.... it was pretty rediculous... I like acting, and i'm pretty good at it.... not to brag or anything, but I am awesome! The improving was pretty intense, we had to become different people. it was really draining. I can now understand why actors are so weird.... And now I have some funny new catch phrases that'll follow me around for a while... kind of like LCBI.... I always have to have some sort of shtick...

I also saw the filming of the davinci's inquest movie... man movies are just so cool! so freaking cool....

What else is new.... oh yeah, the bank cancelled my bank card again, I guess I am still stealing my own money.... I've been taking out large amounts of money to transfer into my account here and my bank back home thought it looked fishey. So they called me up, and I was like, "oh yeah, that was me"... and they said oh okay. we're going to cancel your card and send you a new one.... is that not confusing? I mean, I understand why they called, and I'm glad for it. but why cancel my card after they knew it was me who took out my money? does that make sense to anyone? oh well, at least this time I have an account here and a credit card, so i won't starve or anything.... I'm also not quite so mad because there were two guys in school who had their accounts skimmed off.....

I'm watching "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"... and it is so rediculous.... this guy is so stupid........ he didn't get one question right, the only ones I didn't know were american history.... It's funny though. It's not quite as good as the office though, which I was watching before.... man I love the HR guy, he is so funny..... I can't get enough of him.....

Okay, I'm only going to talk about on more thing before the end of this little segment. I can't call myself a film student and not at least touch on the Oscars. I am not surprised that Scorsese won. It's about time, and everyone knew it.... Personally I'm not a huge fan, but whatever. This is not probably the movie he should have been nominated for, or won, but he had to win sometime.... from what I hear, he should have won for goodfellas.... I don't know..... I knew Helen Mirren would win, she was just on a role. And Forrest Whitaker won best actor... I really need to see those films so I can comment on them.... I'm sure they were great.... I was mad that Cars didn't win... whats so great about dancing peguins anyhow?!? Cars was so much better. The only other award that means anything was best doc, and of course Al Gore's film would win... I should really see that.... oh well, who's got the time? This year was rather lame for choices... not as bad as last year.... a lot of the films that are "great" and win' I really don't like at all.... oh well.... Like Crash?!?! I hated that film... It was so cheesy.... the one guy who wasn't rasict picked up a guy who was hitchiking, and then he's like, oh no he's got a gun! that's the only thing he can have!!!!! and then he burned his body and car? does that seem resonable? why wouldn't he just be like, I shot him cause I thought he was pulling a gun? or something a normal person would do? it was just so heavy handed, and as such I didn't think it deserved the oscar... but I have friends who swear by it... there's no accounting for taste is there.......

anyhow, I do digress.... so I'll just wrap this rediculously long blog entry for the day....

So peace out world,
Andrew

No comments: