Monday, April 02, 2007

So much famous... continued....

Today was a tough day... I had a directing test, which was not fun... then sound test results...78% not great... but well above average.... so I wasn't too happy about the morning.... Then we had Assistant Directing and Storyboarding... For those of you who are unfamiliar with those pursuits, lets just say, they can be a tad bit boring... So basically, today was not fun. After all that nonsense was done I had a lecture. This is 6:30pm... and with no supper... But the lecture was awesome. It was with Brightlight Pictures head honcho and producer Shawn Williamson. He and his company have made tons of films... Some of the more well known ones being, White Noise with Michael Keaton, Slither with Nathan Fillion and pretty much every crappy video game movie..... e.g Blood Rayne 1 and 2, House of the Dead, Farcry..... and so on... It was really interesting. Their company is now making a deal with a big American funding house, so look for many more, and much larger pictures coming out of this movie production company. It was rather disheartening to hear his view on the canadian film industry however. Basically it's the view of the industry that canadian film's such... and they kind of do.... I mean, have you seen a good one? We have great people in the industry, and can make American movies and shows well, but when it comes to producing films ourselves we just can't seem to cut it... something to do with lack of money, and the money that is available isn't controlled correctly, and as such, stupid movies get made with it.... So I'm not the only one who thinks Canadian cinema is lame... I'll fix that! eh... we'll see..... So that was pretty fun, and well worth the crappy day that preceded it.

After that I proceeded to walk home. It's a decent walk, about 3ish kms... not too bad... So yeah, on my way home I was walking across Robson when I saw a familiar face. Who was it you ask? Well let me tell you! It was Smallville star Michael Rosenbaum. Yup, Lex Luthor! It was kind of cool... he was crossing the street taking pictures of himself with his phone... I guess he's a little narcissistic....
Photo of Cheaper by the Dozen,  Michael Rosenbaum

So yeah... that's the famousness.... not great, but hey. He's sort of famous. And Shawn Williamson is famous in the industry..... so there....

So yeah, school has been okay. Our scripts are going to picked soon... so we are preping for that. This is basically the end of our schooling and then we just make films for the rest of the year.. so it has been, and will be pretty stressful... but soon I'll have a break. and what a wonderful break it will be! For I get to drive back to Saskatoon!!! oh man, I'm so excited. Long distance driving and saskatoon. What could be better?

I think I'll leave this post here... It's not that inspired but hey, atleast it's something. It was more informative than entertaining so mabye I'll tell more anecdotes next time....

Andrew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This time you get to drive the whole way! Isn't that going to be fantastic!?

jeff and austen said...

You are just too cool. And you get to go to Saskatoon? I am jealous.

j.r.