Sunday, October 08, 2006

Metal Drive

In the morning I am going to partake in what we prarie folk like to call a metal drive. What is a metal drive you may ask? well, I'll tell you. It's when you collect a large amount of scrap metal ( only iron and steel, oh and no cast, of course) donated by locals and take it to scrap dealers who then pay you for a load, anywhere from $65 to $150 dollars a metric tonne, depending on quality. Why are we doing this you may ask? well I will start off by saying you ask a lot of questions, but we are doing it to raise money for our mission trip to mexico, and of course when I say our mission trip, I mean a mission trip other people are going on. I sure do a lot of fund raising for never going on any of these things. And by saying so you may think me bitter, but nothing could be farther from the truth, I am glad to help out here at home, lending a day or two to the cause without commiting to days of planning and the weeks of the trip itself. Yup just doin' my part.

anyhow, I guess I should hit the sack if I'm going to be in perfect metal hauling form for the morning.



I like how this blog has two readers.... kinda makes a guy feel special..... .....

eh, I have fun just writing this thing, almost theraputic.
but alas I do tend to digress don't I?

Peace out,
Andrew

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy moly your hair is long! also, since you are still in alberta, you should come to homecoming. if you do not, i will probably kick you in the head.

Andrew Sorenson said...

sorry me... I am in BC now... you could come visit me here though....

Anonymous said...

ok. i am on my way.

Tabby said...

andrew
i need updates...can i be the third person that reads your blog...I would like a title...block captain is getting old...
hope all is well
i am jealous you are in BC!

Anonymous said...

hey everyone did you know andrew really likes math? he told me the other day that math is great and that he doesn't like films because they are boring compared to math. i don't know... that's just what he told me.

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure andrew's favorite math ever is math a 30. that is when the super awesome story of greatness was written.

Anonymous said...

ps...nice farm. it looks oddly familiar....

Anonymous said...

Look at picture of farm andrew!

Andrew Sorenson said...

I'm glad a bunch of people are reading my blog now, makes me happy. and just to set the record straight, I said film was cooler than math... but you guys probably know that.......

And tabby is officially known as Andrew's Blog reader No.3! Lets hear it for Tabby everyone!

It was super nice weather when we got here, but we did have a few days of rain lately, but no snow....